Jul 01, 2018
Familia Kawi Foods
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 2 ½ tbs. NutraKik
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbs. butter or ghee
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces oh whole grain fettuccini pasta
- ½ c almond milk
- ½ tbs. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Chili flakes for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a stockpot, bring water to boil. Add your cauliflower florets to the pot, and cook until tender (around 8 minutes). Add 1 tbs of NutraKik and let sit until ready to transfer to blender. Reserve 1/2 cup of the broth the cauliflower was cooked in.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter or ghee over medium-low heat in a small skillet. Add red onion and minced garlic, sautéing for 3-4 minutes, making sure it does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook your fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Set up your blender or food processor. With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked cauliflower from the pot and transfer to the blender. Add the almond milk, reserved broth, lemon juice, sautéed vegetables, and 1 ½ tbs of NutraKik to the blender. Blend well until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After draining, return the cooked pasta to the pot, add cauliflower sauce, and mix until all the pasta is coated.
- Serve up among 4 plates or bowls (1 cup of cooked pasta in each), and garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes if you wish.